Copyright 2017-2019 OWD. All Rights Reserved.
Helpful Tips For Content Optimization
When it comes to surviving and thriving on the internet, Content Optimization and Search Engine Optimization are by far the most important points to keep in mind. Content Optimization is important because it helps generate traffic for your website based on the relevance of that content – which is usually the point of having the website. In this post we will offer tips from some of the top Content Optimization and SEO experts that have helped themselves or their clients turn their websites into profit making machines.
- Don’t put any time or effort into a website without first taking a look at your search engine optimization and content strategy. Your efforts will be wasted if you do so. So, plan first!
- Next vital tip is that SEO should be based on good content. You can’t have Content Optimization without knowing your audience and their search behavior. Make sure that the content you are offering on your website is original, valuable and useful. This will bring in the best kind of traffic — organic traffic.
- Regularly updating your optimized content will help increase your rankings on the search engines. You need to make an effort to add fresh, useful content to your pages on a consistent basis. Search engines hold this in high regard. Updated pictures, graphics, videos, or other media along with an easy-to navigate site will greatly benefit your SEO.
- Make sure you have used an original title tag on every page, and also make sure that it includes your keywords/phrase. Too often people put the name of their company in these titles, this is not the best way to optimize your SEO. Keywords will get you more searches because they are the same terms that your prospects would use. So unless your company name is one of these keywords/terms, don’t use it as a title tag.
- Internal linking is another great tip for Search Engine Optimization that is often underutilized.
When you use anchor text in your site content, make sure that the linked text is a keyword or
keyword phrase, and not just something like “Click Here”. It not only highlights the keyword, but it shows that the content on your site is cohesive. Content Optimization involves a site wide strategy that will allow for natural linking between post and pages on your website.
- External link building is a hot button issue. It either gets overlooked or overused when it comes to Content Optimization and SEO. Most people look at link-building in terms of quantity rather than quality. One simple link from a high-quality site can offer you greater results than a ton of poor quality links, which can actually hurt your ranking.
- Broaden your content choices to include video, PowerPoint presentations, podcasts, news, press releases, social content and any other content types you believe would appeal to your potential clients. The more different ways you can communicate what you have to offer, the better you will look in the eyes of the search engine. If time for producing content is an issue, focus on video and podcasts. You can use the same optimized content to make a post, podcast and video. This allows your visitors to pick the medium that appeals to them most.
- Make it easy for your visitors to increase your site’s ranking. Add what can be termed “viral components” to your web site or blog such as bookmarking, reviews, ratings, visitor comments, and sharing tools. If you don’t provide these options, how will your visitors let you know when they are really enjoying the content, or even when they are not. Feedback is valuable to help you provide your website visitors with content that they want to see. This is what brings them back for more.
- And finally, when it comes to Content Optimization and search engine optimization, do not underestimate the value of social marketing. This aspect contributes greatly to SEO. Social marketing allows you to reach a wider audience as well as providing you with a valuable external link.